Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017: By The Numbers

Just in case you were curious (I was), I counted up all the books I reviewed over the past year here and arranged them by number by publisher. Here they are, for your reading edification:

  • First Second - 21
  • Image Comics - 11
  • Fantagraphics -5
  • Amulet Press- 4
  • Koyama Press - 4
  • Dark Horse -3
  • Abrams ComicArts - 2
  • Alterna Comics - 2
  • Drawn & Quarterly - 2
  • NoBrow - 2
  • Black Mask Studios - 1
  • Bloomsbury - 1
  • Boom!Box - 1
  • Breakdown Press - 1
  • DC Comics - 1
  • Delcourt - 1
  • Dover Publications - 1
  • Farrar Straus and Giroux - 1
  • Fulcrum - 1
  • Graphic Universe - 1
  • Hill & Wang - 1
  • Oni Press -1
  • Random House - 1
  • Scholastic - 1
  • Secret Acres - 1
  • Seven Seas Entertainment - 1
  • Simon & Schuster - 1
  • Top Shelf - 1
  • Uncivilized Books - 1
  • Vertigo - 1

4 comments:

  1. BTW have you seen the graphic novel version of Kindred? I like the artwork but the story feels just a hair too abridged for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not yet, but it is on my (infinite) to-do list. I know you suggested it to me in the past, and I think adaptations can be pretty good, even great, though overall I tend to feel like you did about it. I think my favorite adaptations add some dimension to the story and those are (in case you were wondering): Gareth Hind's version of The Odyssey, Peter Kuper's version of Metamorphosis, and David Mazzucchelli and Paul Karasik's version of City of Glass. Some of those are even teachable in public school ;) Happy New Year, Claude!

      Delete